Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Throw away your idols

Many times in my life I have found that I place things high up on my priorities list and sometimes higher than God. The verse I am thought about this morning deals with idols and it is in the book of Joshua.

After Israel crossed over into the promised land, defeated the cities of the land, and divied it up amongst the 12 tribes(13 tribes if you count Joseph's double portion), Joshua was on his death bed considering he was very old. In chapter 23 and 24 he gives his last remarks to the nation of Israel. This is where I was led this morning, particularly this verse:


"As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15

The Israelites were known for adopting idols and continued to fall into that sin throughout their journey to the promise land. Recall when Moses was led up the mountain of God to recieve the Law. The Israelites convinced their leader, Aaron, to make them a calf made of gold so that they may worship. These people were hard-headed! After God delivering them SUPERNATURALLY time and time again they still wanted to serve other Gods. In my life I see this sometimes as well. As I mentioned before, sometimes I find myself caught up in something that is taking way to much time away from God.

Lets commit ourselves to serving God with our whole heart today. As for me and my house we will serve the LORD!

No comments:

Post a Comment